Readers loved the first year!
Soigné + Swank Magazine™ focuses on content that uplifts, empowers, inspires, and highlights black excellence from entrepreneurship to the executive c-suite. We spotlight issues blacks face culturally, economically, and socially. If you are an experienced writer, influencer, or just starting out – we’d like to hear from you. We take pride in featuring authentic stories with positive editorial voices and real meaning.
**Soigné + Swank Magazine™ reserves the right to be selective with articles and photos that are approved for publication. We also reserve the right to provide suggestions for edits to your content. At this time we are unable to pay for articles and photos.**
Why Join Our Team of Writers?
- Expose your brand to a wide audience via digital/print and social media handles.
- Drive traffic to your website and build your tribe or community.
- Be viewed as an “Expert” or “Influencer” in your field.
- An opportunity to inspire and promote “Black Excellence” and things that matter to our culture.
- Receive author rights to your published material and acknowledgement on the Soigné + Swank Magazine™ website.
Guidelines and Format for Written Work
Our focus is to ensure quality content to our readers that is encouraging, engaging, and an easy read. Find our basic guidelines below to be sure to receive the best review of your submission. Please only submit final drafts of your work.
- 200-500 words (for digital articles)
- 500-1,000 words (for print articles)
- Word document format (.doc or .docx)
- High quality digital photos, large in size and include a release for use
- A (5 sentence maximum) bio that includes a link to your blog, website, and social media channels
**Your content will be rejected if plagiarized or includes the sell/promotion of unauthorized products or services.*
By submitting articles, poems, or any form of written work to Soigné + Swank Magazine™ for publication, you provide ownership of your written work to Soigné + Swank Magazine™. You will still be names author of your work by acknowledgement and ability to share published material using links provided.
2022 Editorial Calendar
Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis. To be considered for inclusion in printed issues, please submit your files (including high resolution photos) by the 15th of the month preceeding the release of the issue. If you are interested in advertising opportunities, please email Advertise@soigneswankmagazine.com. Ads must also be confirmed and received by the submission deadlines.
[example: To be included in the March/April print issue your submission must be received by February 15th.]
“Vision & Clarity”
Representation / Business / Vision Boards
Guide: 9 Gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Women’s History Month
Celebrating Men / Travel / HBCUs (Black & Ivy League)
Guide: Hot travel destinations this Summer
National Black Business Month / 2022 Reader’s Choice Brands to Know
Fashion / Trendy Home Ideas / Community Leaders
Anniversary Edition / Lifestyle / The Gift of Giving
Guide: 2022 BIPOC Holiday Gift Guide